This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Learn how to microwave turkey bacon in just a few simple steps. This microwave method will allow you to cook a few slices of turkey bacon in about 2 minutes.
Turkey bacon is a wonderful alternative to pork bacon if you are looking for a slightly healthier option with lower fat content and less grease. It's similar to regular bacon in look and even taste.
While I still think the best way to get it crispy is to cook turkey bacon in the air fryer or oven, sometimes it's nice to be able to cook up a few pieces in the microwave for a fast breakfast or snack.
Why this microwave method works
- No need to stand over the stove and watch the bacon. This is one of the easiest ways to cook bacon.
- This cooking method helps to prevent any grease splattering.
- Cooks up fast and easy.
- Minimal clean-up. The paper towels soak up the grease and can be discarded after cooking.
The best way to cook turkey bacon in the microwave is to place the bacon slices on paper towels on a microwave-safe plate and cook for several minutes.
Step one: Choose your favorite bacon like Butterball turkey bacon or Oscar Mayer turkey bacon. Place 2 paper towels on a microwave-safe plate.
Step two: Place 3-4 turkey bacon strips on the paper towels. Make sure they are in a single layer and not touching. Place another paper towel on top of the bacon. This helps to prevent any grease splatter and microwave mess.
Step three: The cooking time will depend on your microwave and how many pieces you are cooking at a time. The typical cooking time is 2 minutes. Carefully remove the top layer of paper towel and serve bacon hot.
How long to microwave turkey bacon?
Microwave cooking times can vary for cooking turkey bacon. It will depend on how many strips you are cooking, how crispy you like the bacon, and the microwave itself. The usual cooking time is about 2 minutes. If you prefer chewy bacon, try 1 - 1 ½ minutes.
- There are inexpensive microwave bacon trays you can buy to help make turkey bacon in the microwave. They are designed to help catch any grease, prevent spattering, and allow steam to release during cooking for crispy bacon.
- Be careful removing the microwaveable plate once finished cooking because it might be hot.
- Don't ever put aluminum foil in the microwave. This could possibly start a fire.
- This method can also be used for regular pork bacon.
How to use turkey bacon
Bacon is great on it's own but here are a few ideas for how to serve it:
Breakfast: Serve alongside things like eggs, pancakes, french toast, and more.
Sandwiches: Try putting in on or alongside sandwiches like grilled cheese sandwich, BLT, turkey bacon club, and more.
Crumbled: Crumble into bacon bits and use as a topping for baked potatoes, soup, salads, and casseroles.
How to store leftovers
Store: Have leftover cooked turkey bacon? Let it cool to room temperature and then store in an airtight container or zip bag. Make sure to keep it in the refrigerator until ready to reheat. It will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Uncooked turkey bacon will last about 2 weeks in the refrigerator and can be stored in the freezer for 6 months.
Reheat: Reheat turkey bacon in the microwave for about 20 seconds. You can also reheat in the air fryer at 350 for 1 minutes or in the oven at 350 degrees F until heated through.
Did you try making this microwaved bacon? Let me know in the comments below.
How To Microwave Turkey Bacon
- 3-4 slices turkey bacon
- Place 2 paper towels on a microwave-safe plate.
- Place 3-4 turkey bacon strips on the paper towels. Make sure they are in a single layer and not touching. Place another paper towel on top of the bacon. This helps to prevent any grease splatter.
- Microwave for 1.5-2 minutes depending on how crispy you prefer the bacon.